Leading Smoke odor Product
RECON Smoke Odor Sealer is a revolutionary solvent free smoke odor sealant and stain blocker designed to encapsulate malodors on several surfaces and block the toughest stains. RECON Smoke Odor Sealer with OdorLock technology is water based, permeable and is not flammable. Unlike most water based coatings that “wick” smoke odors and stains out of the substrate as they dry, RECON Smoke Odor Sealer with OdorLock technology prevents tough smoke odors and stains from migrating through the coating while maintaining its breathability. This technology provides one coat odor control on several surfaces and continues to block odors even with seasonal changes in temperature and humidity. RECON Smoke Odor Sealer (SOSTM) is your final step to encapsulate residual odors typically found on fire damage restoration projects.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today (603)669-7733
RECON Smoke Odor Sealer is a revolutionary solvent free smoke odor sealant that encapsulates smoke odors on multiple surfaces. RECON Smoke Odor Sealer with OdorLock is water based, low VOC, low odor and is not flammable.
Permanently encapsulates smoke odors
Excellent stain blocker
Water based, non- flammable, low VOC
Exceptional application characteristics
Bonds to nearly any substrate
Easily top-coated, fast drying
RECON Smoke Odor Sealer is specifically designed to encapsulate malodors on multiple surfaces including:
RECON Smoke Odor Sealer is fast drying and has exceptional application characteristics. RECON Smoke Odor Sealer is your final step to encapsulate residual odors typically found on fire damage restoration projects.
Fire Prevention and Safety Tips
Cooking and heating are the leading causes of home fires and fire injuries, and winter months are the peak time for fire-related deaths. With Fire Prevention Week Oct. 9-15 2022, it's the perfect time to review and practice fire safety
MINIMIZE YOUR RISK
When cooking, make fire safety a priority by keeping these tips in mind:
Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, boiling or broiling food
When simmering, baking or roasting, check the food regularly, remain in the kitchen while cooking and use a timer
Keep anything that can catch fire away from your stovetop
Heating is the second leading cause of home fires.
Keep all flammables, like paper, clothing, bedding, drapes or rugs, at least 3 feet from a space heater, stove or fireplace
Never leave portable heaters and fireplaces unattended; turn off heaters and make sure fireplace embers are extinguished before leaving the room
If you must use a space heater, place it on a level, nonflammable surface, like ceramic tile, not on a rug or carpet
Keep children and pets away from space heaters
When buying a space heater, look for models that shut off automatically if the heater falls over
Working Smoke Alarms Are a Must
About three out of five fire deaths happen in homes without working smoke alarms. Smoke alarms are a key part of a home fire escape plan providing early warning to reduce your risk of dying in a fire. The National Fire Protection Association recommends you:
Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas on the ceiling or high on the wall
Keep smoke alarms away from the kitchen, at least 10 feet from the stove, to reduce false alarms
Use special alarms with strobe lights and bed shakers for people who are hard of hearing or deaf
Test smoke alarms monthly
Replace batteries in your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector annually
Replace smoke alarms that are 10 or more years old
Make an Escape plan and practice it.
When and How to Use Fire Extinguisher
Always put your safety first; if you are not confident in your ability to use a fire extinguisher, get out and call 9-1-1.
- Everyone has left or is leaving the home
- The fire department has been called
- The fire is small, not spreading, and there is not much smoke
- Your back is to an exit you can use quickly
- You remember the acronym PASS:
Pull the pin.
Aim low at the base of the fire.
Squeeze the handle slowly.
Sweep the nozzle side to side
Is your Basement Flooded?
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 603-669-7733
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Manchester and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 603-669-7733
Water Damage Done Easy
SERVPRO of Manchester is ready to help 7 Days a week 24 Hours a day.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Manchester-East provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
The longer water dwells in a structure, being absorbed by materials, the more damage it causes. Fast WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION MANUAL 7–4 response to water damages by SERVPRO of Manchester-East could save insurance companies and customers thousands of dollars on a claim, since timely mitigation reduces replacement costs. A quick response to water damage is the most important course of action.
SERVPRO of Manchester-East is 24-hour emergency response and restoration service providers. SERVPRO has educated the insurance industry regarding the effect of prompt service, and Franchises provide a nationwide commitment to “1-4-8” response times. Contact the customer within one hour of notification. Begin work within four hours. Provide a preliminary scope and update to the insurance adjuster within eight business hours.
Call SERVPRO of Manchester-East at (603)-669-7733
Need a Commercial Kitchen or Business Cleaned?
SERVPRO of Manchester is ready to respond immediately and work quickly to clean or restore your business. We understand that your property’s appearance is important and that every hour spent restoring is an hour of lost productivity. When you need a restoration or cleaning professional, SERVPRO of Manchester has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
Commercial Building Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Manchester offers professional cleaning and preventative maintenance for your carpet and upholstery that keeps your property looking its best. Our cleaning system offers a number of specialized cleaning options to match your needs. Whether your business needs a deep cleaning or a persistent odor removed, you can trust SERVPRO of Manchester. Learn more about our commercial cleaning services
You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office. When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you should call SERVPRO of Manchester for prompt service. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on us to make your workspace look its very best.
Specialty Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Manchester offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following:
COVID19 is still continuing to affect people and businesses. IF someone in your business gets Covid and shutting down just isn't an option SERVPRO Manchester is ready to help.
We offer Covid cleanings and disinfecting of office buildings to keep everyone safe and at peace of mind while your company still runs its day to day business.
SERVPRO® franchise professionals are uniquely prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. Our professionals are trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims.
Minimize Your Risk
Tips and Best Practices to Reduce Your Risk
Cities and states took drastic measures to curb the severity of the pandemic, including the closing of bars, restaurants, and public venues. In some areas, officials issued “shelter in place” orders in order to compel residents to stay in their homes and limit movement. To protect yourself, minimize your exposure with the following tips:
Practice Good Hygiene
- Clean hands with sanitizer and wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, tables, doorknobs, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
At The Office
- Stop shaking hands – use other noncontact methods of greeting
- Use videoconferencing for meetings when possible
- When not possible, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like desks, keyboards, light switches, doorknobs, and telephones
For quotes and scheduling please call
SERVPRO of Manchester (603)669-7733
Frozen pipes? SERVPRO of Manchester is READY TO HELP!
SERVPRO of Manchester is Ready to help 7 Days a week 24 Hours a day.
You are not alone when it comes to the fight against freezing pipes and it is not always avoidable. As water begins to freeze it also expands and ultimately causes pipes to burst, leaving you with a flooded room. However, there may be some steps you can take in order to try to prevent this from happening to you!
It is important to understand that pipes freeze in the areas of your house that are most vulnerable to the cold where there is little to no insulation, such as the basement, attic and or garage (that's not to say it can't happen anywhere).
Here is a list of tips in trying to avoid pipes from freezing:
- keep all areas of the house well heated as this is the biggest thing you can do to avoid pipes from bursting
- if heating is not an option in places such as your garage, basement, attic, etc. then it is highly recommended to add insulation to these areas to keep the room temperature higher
- check where water supply lines are in your house such as in the kitchen under the skin and in the bathrooms and make sure these areas are well insulated and kept above freezing temperatures
- there are certain products you can have installed such as pipe sleeves or heat tape to help in trying to prevent from pipes freezing
- if money is tight and you can't afford to insulate, newspaper can act as a decent insulator to help keep temperatures up in areas where pipes are exposed to the cold for long periods of time
- consider relocating exposed pipes to more insulated areas
- keep your garage doors shut in order to ensure it stays as warm as possible
- in freezing weather you can let the water drip very slightly from the faucet, which can help prevent pipes from freezing temperature should never be left below 55 degrees Fahrenheit (although higher the better)
Help in Manchester, NH :
Should disaster strike and you find yourself in a flooded mess, SERVPRO of Manchester-East is here to help! We are serving Manchester, NH and surrounding areas of southern New Hampshire as well as Vermont and Massachusetts. Give us a call at 603-669-7733 and help will be on its way! We are open to calls 24/7 and are here to serve you in your time of need. With trained technicians and professional equipment, no one does it better than us!
Back to the Beginning.
Call SERVPRO of Manchester
The roots of the SERVPRO® Storm Response program date back to 1993 and make up a significant part of the SERVPRO® Story.
In 1992, SERVPRO® made a decision to begin taking the steps necessary to compete in the commercial market and catastrophic response (CAT). That same year, there was a large fire loss in Nashville. Several Owners agreed with corporate leadership and responded to clean the building; this was the first step on the road to commercial and CAT response. The following year, in 1993, there was a significant flooding event in the Mid-West. Corporate responded by sending several willing Franchise Owners to complete work in Des Moines, Kansas City, and ultimately ending in St. Louis. The nearly 40 Franchise Owners involved completed multiple projects, including the Spirit of St. Louis Airport.
The next two years saw several significant storm events. Tropical Storm Alberto dropped 24” of rain north of Albany, Georgia, causing the Flint River to flood; Storm Teams signed the Dougherty County School System billing out $1.3 million, among many other jobs. Hurricanes Opal and Erin struck and SERVPRO® Storm crews responded throughout the Gulf Coast region. This was the beginning of SERVPRO® Storm Response on a larger scale using centrally administered Franchises and crews. Many of the precedents set during these event are still part of the Storm Response Program today.
Storm remained an initiative led by the Storm Teams who are all Franchise Owners, using the processes learned on these early events. From 2002 to 2008, SERVPRO® Storm Teams responded to Iowa flooding and eight tropical storms and hurricanes, including Hurricane Katrina. A lot of mistakes were made; however, a lot of lessons were learned. Beginning in 2008, under the leadership of the Storm Teams, Commercial Large Loss Division (CLLD), and Executives, Storm Response was formalized into a cooperative program between the Storm Teams and the Corporate office.
From 2009 to 2011, the Storm Teams responded to 15 managed events. This experience continued to foster program improvements as Storm Leaders learned from successes and mistakes. At the end of 2011, SERVPRO® experienced the first of two “All-Call” events under the current Storm Response Program. The first was Hurricane Irene/Tropical Storm Lee, followed by SuperStorm Sandy in 2012. These two events significantly affected how Storm Response is managed, providing more valuable lessons. During this time, SERVPRO® also developed Storm Manager® to automate the process for dispatching and tracking leads. Since 2012, the introduction and integration of updated software tools for Storm and the introduction of DryBook™ for production have significantly improved the ability for SERVPRO® Storm Response to manage any event—whether it is a micro event or the next major hurricane.
Storm Response is an integral part of the SERVPRO® Story and differentiates our ability to execute from all other competitors in the industry. We will continue to make incremental improvements to support the SERVPRO® Brand.
AFTER A FLOOD
SAFETY FIRST (For businesses and home owners)
- Account that all employees or family members are safe by establishing evacuation plans in advance, identifying areas outside the building that are designated meeting places. Assign select individuals to keep a list of their assigned team’s names and contact numbers in order to account for their whereabouts.
- If water enters the building and evacuation becomes impossible, move to an upper floor, and wait for rescuers.
- While evacuating, avoid attempting to drive through floods or rising water, nearly half of all flash flood fatalities are auto-related.
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water.
- Do not walk through moving water.
- Avoid floodwaters. Water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline or raw sewage. Water may also be electrically charged.
- Stay out of any building if it is surrounded by floodwaters.
- Listen for news reports to learn if the community’s water supply is safe to drink.
- Return only when authorities indicate it is safe.
Mold Can spread through a home or business in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (603)669-7733